Six Weeks


Since I'm on a nostalgia roll here, let me tell you about the most interesting six weeks of my life.  First, some background:  

In the early 1980's, I was a photographer for a children's sign language performing ensemble called "A Show Of Hands". The group toured Switzerland in 1985 and made intense friends there with members of a Swiss children's theatre group called A.F.A.T.

Three years later, I went on a similar photographic excursion to the Soviet Union, where I documented a cultural exchange between Latvian and American high school students.  

I've compiled a short 22-page picture book talking about six weeks in 1989 which brought these and many other significant experiences together.  They are:

  • Trip to Switzerland to visit some of the kids from A.F.A.T.
  • Trip to Germany to work at the European Space Agency
  • The Peace Child Reunion in Detroit
  • Voyager Neptune Encounter at JPL (that was a big deal back in the day)
  • Moving into my first condo
  • And more...

You can download the booklet here:

https://friedmanarchives.com/~download/temp/Six_Weeks.pdf

Be sure to look at the last two pages, showing a timeline of just how busy I used to be outside of work, and why my mom always complained that I was burning the candle at both ends in my 30's.

Enjoy!