My Laboratory

I was really into telephones when I was young...

No, seriously, I loved playing around with phones!

Back in those days you couldn't buy phones at a store; you had to rent them every month from the phone company.  Fortunately a neighbor down the street who was a general contractor would give me phones that people left behind when they moved out, so I had a huge stash of illegal phones in my room.  Below is a very small sample:


As time went on I expanded beyond phones to using my calculator as a Raspberry Pi.

Me in college.
Youtube video - tour of Gary's room

Below is my laboratory in my first condo.  It accommodated my activities in electronics, music and photography (there was a darkroom in the corner). 


Lots of prototyping every day.

Lots and lots of prototyping.

Prototyping and doing software development for the Data Egg.  Notice the two one-handed keyboards on the small table behind me.
The proposed cover for my first book, "Control the World with HP-IL", which you can download from here: http://friedmanarchives.com/~download/temp/Control_the_world_with_HP-IL.pdf  The book contains a few additional inventions not mentioned in this "Grandpa's Inventions" blog.